feedback on sepia toning in PS + 1 question

well many thanks to all that responded in my query on how to...

here is what it was suggested and what results i got:

== Dave ====================================
"Choose image>mode>RGB color
Bring up the hue/saturation command and click on the colorize check box. Drag the hue slider to about 40 degrees and leave the saturation slider at its default of 25 Click OK Experiment with the sliders for your other tones."

**** what a got was a sepia that i did not like, but the blues i got were cool...

== Lea ===============================
"Photoshop ships with some built-in quad
settings...you just have to find them within your Photoshop directories"

"For the color blocks, use a Pantone process colors...cyan, yellow, magenta
and black then set the curves as follows:
Cyan is
0:0
50:65
100:65 All other values are left blank"

*** well, although it was a bit difficult to find how to, the sepia plugin was a breeze in the end...this will definetely will allow me to show-off my digital manipulation "expertise"!

*** but Lea, how do i put these values in ? in what block each one goes?
BTW i tried leaving the standard CMYK colours as is, but there was way to go

=== Christiane ==============
"Use the channel mixer as you already have. Then choose New Layer and in the option, choose fill layer.. You'll be presented with the color picker and can choose whichever color you want near sepia or so.. Don't worry about the choice of color, it can easily be changed.. Just take one.. And click OK; this will add a special color layer over your picture. Now go to the layer palette, and set the opacity level..."

*** well that's easy too, but still i have to experiment on hue selection, something that i really do not want right now...Nevertheless it was a goofd forced tutorial on layer,fillin, opacity utilization

***** mu Golly what kinda app is PS ? The possibilities are only limited by your ingenuity!

many thanks lea, dave and christiane ( m or f ?)....
cheers, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!