Re: new TX

My take on this new TX is Why Bother. If I have to go to great lengths just so I can use HC110 then MY choices are to chuck HC110 or to not buy the new TX. I've elected to not get involved with the new TX as there are plenty of other alternatives. In the overall scheme of things this will make it easier when Big Yellow folds up it's film tent altogether in another 10 years. Yes then HC110 won't be around then either. Thank God for Ilford is my Mantra.

ernie nitka

At 08:25 AM 2/18/03 -0600, you wrote:
Alan Zinn wrote:

> Thanks Sidney,
>
> Have you seen data on dev. time for HC110?

Sorry, Alan. I have not. But I would suggest using a dilution that used to put
you in the 8-12 minute range for normal development.

If you have access to a densitometer and at least one sheet of the older emulsion
left, I'd recommend exposing it and a sheet of the new with either a kodak or
Stouffer's 21 step calibrated step tablet. Tape it lightly by the ends to the
emulsion side and expose both sheets at Zone X pointed at a non textured target.
Then develop both sheets together for your previous time and temperature. Then
take both sheets to be read on the densitometer and plot them. You should be able
to tell from this the approximate adjustments to make in both EI and dev time.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack