Gallery comments

Hi all,

Some comments on the gallery, which I have visited for the first time. I
have tried to be honest, fair and not too mean -- and hope you will
treat my images the same when I post some in the future.

Holding the Rail, by G.D.Stempel:
My favorite! Well designed image. The texture and the lines appeals to
me. What really makes this special (IMO
) is the nail bearing clear evidence of being hit with a hammer. A well
composed and appealing image.

Speaking of chickens, by E.L.Ferguson:
Funny. Nicely caught looking straight at the camera, although I would
have liked the lines of the fence to be vertical.

Kurt Vonnegut, by J.Palcewski:
Dynamic series. I like the 'raw' contact sheet style.

Six Pack, by D.Small:
Fun image+title. And upon closer look it manages to spark some interest
or curiosity.

untitled, by R.G.Earnest:
A woman. Probably OK, but this is not my style of images.

Serra in St.Louis, by J.Mason:
I don't know what's supposed to be in the image, but all I see is visual
elements that don't go too well together and makes me confused. It does
not move me or tell me anything.

Esquiminac1, by M.Roberts:
The title???? No clue! But I like the image: The resemblance to a river
and its tributaries is obvious, and still it is clear that the scale is
much smaller. Well done.

Cold morning in the park, by J.Davis:
Good composition, but the impression of a cold static frozen world would
have been enhanced by greater depth (i.e. use of a tripod) to have
everything in sharp focus.

Dandelion, by J.Harris:
I like the dandelion but not the pink surroundings. Nice excercise. I
would have tried to make the background as dark as the dandelion, but
that's my taste :-)

Sporulating Lichen at Box Hill, by C.Stevens:
I find it hard to se which part(s) are in focus, which I find annoying.
The composition of colors is very good. Maybe square format, cropping
the right side would enhance the composition.

Sunshine Kiss, by A.Hillier:
I like the idea, but the intended light mood is not supported by the way
the light splits the girls face. The border I don't like, and the
letters should not have been added. Cropping the bordered area except
maybe the lower part, would be better I think, enhancing the
composition.

Hirshhorn, by A.Davidhazy:
I like the abstraction, and the description of how it was made... It can
be so much fun to make pictures! Only distraction is the joining
@4o'clock.

Cheers,
Thomas