Re: OT - second shuttle blowup...bound to happen

Dr. Feynnman proved the inadequacy of the "O" rings by showing what would occur should they be frozen. He did this quite simplistically at a hearing board.
yeh! i guess you had a good time reading both books!

I trust that you really meant "Challenger"
rather than "Discovery". Discovery, we all hope, will not become yet one more "disaster."
ooops!

recolection ...just after the fist shuttle flight (Columbia), we were
having a town elementary school game in running, etc. way ahead of all the kids was a tall one and a classmate of mine. boy he was running fast! from there on we did not call him by his name...he had a new nick though..." columbia ! "....years have passed and his footsteps were lost in the sands of time...
we come and go, but it is sad when things end befor eheir good time...

i do feel that there were more lost than a shuttle and the crew lives...
a new era of introversion and seclusion begins....

cheers. kostas