setting up a cheap ! light system

well what a coincidence! it seems everyone is going to spent bucks on lights

in my case i intend on setting up a simple, REALLY CHEEP, light system.
9 for two reasons...overstreatched bubget and NO space at home-probalbly the system will require movement of furniture to be set up [ this noon session will be an open air one on the floor roof of the appartment complex],
and the ingenious method of hanging the background in front of the library , plus storing the lights and stuff under the bed)
crazy ha?
so with no reasonable need to spent serious money...

i plan on two hallogen lamp sytem with home made reflectors and diffusers, aiming for still life photography.

my only question is... will 2x500 watts of lamps will be enough for an acceptable 100 ISO, shutter, 1/30 speed combination

wonder if there is a formula to calculate the need f/stop for that kind of settup...

that's all...kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!