RE: Old Technique

> Assuming none of the cars stop and everyone flies through the intersection at
> 30 mph, the image frame encompasses 1/2 block, what is the minimum shutter
> speed needed to prevent the moving cars registering?

Greg, you devil,

Well, according to my postulated theory ... the fact it is 1/2 block does not
make much difference ... what matters is the speed that cars are moving at.
Assume a car is 15 feet long. At 30mph it is moving at about 45 feet per
second. So it covers its own length in 1/3 second ... so 100 times that is 30
seconds.

So, the answer is 30 seconds.

am I right?

andy