Re: Old Technique

> Could someone please refresh my memory.  What is the aperature/shutter speed combination I would use if I wanted to photograph a busy intersection and not record the moving items(i.e. the cars, et al) ?

Bill, better than a long exposure: several short ones if your camera permits it.

For slide film I would assume that anything 3 stops under-exposed would hardly show.
So set exposure comp to -3 stops and multiple exposure to 8 and see what you get.
Even better, use 4 stops and 17 exposures if you have the time.

Of course, a very long exposure (many seconds) could achieve the same thing but they assume you have access to heavy ND filters (on a bright day, F32 on 100 iso film may not be enough)

Bob

PS ... white vans are a pain.

Freeserve AnyTime - Go online whenever you want for just £6.99 a month for
your first 3 months, that's HALF PRICE! And then it's just £13.99 a month
after that.

For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on
0800 970 8890