Re: Out **** Spot!

At 01:29 PM 2/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Some of the photos that I carry in my purse have developed some sort of
>spots on them. It looks like a mold of some sort, but I can't be sure. Is
>there any sort of cleaning solution I could use on the photo itself
>without causing damage? The photos are of my son who died so they are
>very precious to me.
>
>Anyone?
>Thanks!
>
>Shyrell

Shyrell,

Don't try cleaning it until you make a digital copy. Then find someone who
will re-touch it in PhotoShop. Most 1-HR shops can make a copy.

Before you clean it it is important to know if the print paper is modern
resin coated or older paper. Ask someone in photo store or lab if you are
not sure of the difference. OR test a small corner with water on a cotton
swab. If the surface emulsion swells and softens quit. If not add a few
drops of soap to couple ounces of water and try again.  Store the original
in a dry, dark environment.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.