Re: Gallery Impressions - 29 Jan 02

For those who don't know who is Boecklin, here is a link to his biography :

http://www.artmagick.com/artists/bocklin.aspx

And here another link to the painting to which Jean Nouvel was alluding,
"The Isle of the Dead" :

http://www.artmagick.com/paintings/painting132.aspx

Jean Nouvel's Monolith was an allusion to the cypresses appearing in the
middle of the painting.

--
Christiane