Re: Gallery Review - 1/25/03

John--thanks for your clever comment--I'm assuming the question is genuine and would like to refer you to this site that covers the ways (genres) artists have discovered for representing their vision outside of traditional academic realism though that genre is also represented here:

http://www.artincontext.org/listings/images/genre/menu.htm

The list is extensive but for a quick answer (that's much more comprehensive than I could provide) you may want to begin in the 19th Century, move through the "isms" of the 20th, arriving at the genre labeled "Contemporary".

good luck!

regards,

joseph (AKA King/Arthur)

King/Arthur, Baby/Lamb. Blur/Why?