PhotoForum Comments

As a new member here I will venture some comments:

David Small - Fount of Youth: Liked the photo - am not sure whether I would crop or not - I tend to like a full frame approach - so from that standpoint I'd leave it alone ; you could always see how it looked cropped.

Dan Mitchell - Water's Edge : again another keeper. This time i wonder what a larger view would look like - i.e. what the shot would've looked like with a wider angle lens or same lens but standing back a bit?

Emily Ferguson - above Drake's beach - this week's images are all noteworthy ( mine excepted as this is for other's to judge). I like the picture but can't say whether it's the foreground or the background that captures my attention.

bJimmy - Dune - how old is this photo - when you mention Pentax and kodachrome in the same sentence I'm thinking this is circa 1977. Scan is not great - almost looks like a cheap digital shot or maybe a product of a Holga - this is why I like it. Where you stuck on the bus because it sure looks like this could've been fun

Steven Ross - Reflected sunset - pretty shot - almost too symmetrical.

Greg Stempel building the museum - interesting shot - again wonder if the top crane were cropped leaving the red structure framing the workman would be better.

Christopher Stevens - Newstand - not sure I like the ragged border but the photo manipulation of the photo itself is nice.

Morley roberts - Sleighs Go By - interesting concept - the lights appear too yellow - suspect this is just daylight chrome film and the tungsten of the lites - for me at least altering it to be more white would do more for the photo. Gotta love anyone who's willing to stand out in the cold to get this pic

Doub Siebert - Manatees - very nice picture - you sure you didn't just slice it out of Nat. Geographic? :)

Andrew - different ( and better ) way to photograph flowers with the shine thru the leaves - sort of like a color version of the black and white Xray pic published in recent years. Your picture is just not your average pretty pic of pretty flowers.

Well there you go - I now realize that it isn't easy to comment on 9 photos but I also appreciate those who have done so in the past. Any comments, gripes whatever back to me it's ernie nitka enitka@twcny.rr.com