Gallery Review

David Small
The Fountain of Youth:  The combination of the cross, the fountain and the couple in this photograph make me think of "renewal" and "baptism".   I would like to see more detail in the couple and, perhaps a deeper depth of focus.  An interesting photograph that gives the viewer lots to think about.

Dan Mitchell
Water's Edge:  I like this very much, but reflections make some of my favorite photographs - maybe that's why I'm partial to this image.   I  put this in Photoshop and flipped it upside-down and for me, it was a much stronger image.

Emily L. Ferguson
Above Drake's Beach, CA:  This would be perfect with some nice, billowing clouds in the sky.  Unfortunately Mother Nature did not smile on you when this was taken, Emily, and the clouds did not appear.

jIMMY Harris
DUNE:  If you build it, they will come {:->  Did anyone make it to the top?

Steven Ross
Reflected Sunset:  I wonder what would have happened if this had been taken with a longer exposure, Steven?   The "real sky" (as opposed to the sky in the reflection) would probably have been blown out, but that could have been cropped out and maybe there would have been some detail in the middle portion of the photograph.  I like the delicacy of the branches and leaves in the reflection part of the image.

Gregory david Stempel
Building the Museum:  The linear composition of everything going up draws my eyes away from what I find interesting (I realize for others, the interest may be elsewhere).  I like the image more, cropped about half way up (just above the curve above the workman).  I think this makes a stronger image and it's more comfortable for me to view.

Ernest Nitka
Dusk comes to the vineyard:  For me the magic  is in the top half of this image.  I like the yellow light against the blue sky, which is filled with wispy black clouds.   Another part of the image which is interesting by itself,  is the one silhouetted lamp against the blue sky (far right side of the photograph).  If the city lights below it are included with this lamp, and the detail on the far right of the photograph is included, it makes for an interesting photograph.

Christopher Strevens
News Stand:   I like this.  It's different and colorful.  This photograph grabs my interest and keeps me looking at it.

Morley Roberts
Sleighs Go By:  If this were my image (which, I realize it is not) I would crop out the dark area along the bottom of the photograph.  I think this would give more strength to the streaking lights.

Doug Seibert
Manatees:  Something I would never see if you hadn't presented it in this gallery, Doug.  Thank you for showing  us this photograph.

Andrew Davidhazy:  I like the delicacy and detail of the petals.  The yellow flowers and the pale blue background work very well together.  I think just a touch more light on the stems and leaves - just enough so some detail and color would be seen - would have added to this photograph.  Very nice, anyway.

Thank you to all who contributed their work and to Andy and staff for making the viewing of the work possible.

Marilyn