Re: Never a dull momnent..............

Russ,

For me, you've brought up an interesting point.

>>>I often wonder if I would enjoy either of them
as much as I do now if I was doing them full time
and as a means to pay the bills!<<<<

I am also a professional videographer. While I shot video for a corporate
job, I shot daily and that's all. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

What I found as these daily routines turned into years of daily routines was
my interest itself became another routine. I did not compromise quality, but
I did lose that sense of intensity about my work. I still shot creatively,
searching constantly for the best angles, colors, moods, etc, but it became
a routine and basically just a job. Compliments didn't mean much other than
telling me I was doing my job.

I also did not pick up a still camera for a very long time. The very week I
had given up that corporate work, I grabbed my camera bag, purchased some
new gear and started shooting again. My enthusiasm for photography sprang to
life. I have let the video go for now, and my photography has a renewed
life. I WANT to go out and take pictures everyday.

One other example, back in the seventies, I was involved in professional
level foosball. Stop laughing._grin
The pros would pound the table for 6-10 hours everyday for weeks. They
initially grew in talent, but then began to go stale and were not able it
seemed, to progress any further. At that point, they took a week off, went
bike riding or something. When they came back to the game, their talents
were phenomenal, as if the mind needed a nap, and woke with an increased
fervor for the game.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g