And now time for a commercial...

Greetings from Brazil. Recently I bought a "new" 250mm lens for my 8x10 (a
Fujinon W) and now I am selling at eBay my old lens, a Voigtländer Heliar
mine since 1974. It is really a great lens, very sharp and contrasty. My
brother-in-law who lives and works at Irvine, California took the lens to
USA and is selling it for me and the description I wrote is:

Voigtlander Heliar # 3199879, 240mm (24cm) 4,5, mounted in a Compound
shutter, NO RESERVE. This lens easily covers 8x10 with movements. The
shutter has just been cleaned and timed and is working properly at all
speeds besides B and T. The glass is crystal clear with no separations of
any kind and against the light you can see very slight cleaning marks.
Included are two lens caps (not the originals) and the retaining ring for
mounting. Filter threads are straight and true (58mm).

The starting price is one dollar, no reserve and there is a (bad) photo in
the ad. I am a little worried because Greg (not our Fraser friend...) placed
the ad in Lenses, Other
Lenses instead of Large Format as I asked for. The CLA was made by Max
Cullerovitch, a german gentleman who used to work at Zeiss and is a kind of
Steve
Grimes here in Rio de Janeiro. Very sweet and skilled guy.  Maybe some of
you can be interested and could use the opportunity. The lens is really in
very good shape.
Greetings from sunny, sunny Rio, José Luiz.