RE: Gallery comments in brief -OLD CAMERA

jIMMY, I haven't looked for 620 film. The first roll I tried was 120 HP5. The spool was too wide to fit my camera but a bit of gentle persuading with pliers convinced the camera to accept the film. However, the diameter of the flanges was a bit too big and it was almost impossible to wind the film. Luckily Kodak build the winding key strong enough to withstand idiots like me. For the second roll I used 120 FP4+ which seemed to have a shorter spool length. I trimmed the edges of the flanges with an Exacto knife (very easy to do) and it wound on very easily. It was very easy to adapt the camera and film to work together.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Photogonow@aol.com [mailto:Photogonow@aol.com]

In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:49:47 PM Central Standard Time, Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca writes:

Actually I bought this plain black box camera because it is so old and so inconspicuous that (I imagine) people don't even think its a camera

GREG,

Can You still buy 620 film?  Where?

I have often thought of re-spooling 120 film on to my old 620 metal film spools -but haven't tried it yet.  Maybe I should because I still have my old 'Brownie Hawkeye' with plastic film developing reel and tank (and lots of 120 dev. gear).

Enjoyed Your Photo.  Makes me want to dig out my old cameras and start using them again.  Thanks-

jIMMY