Re: Macro & teleconverters

Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback.

>>>I intend to use a couple of decent achromatic
(multi-element) close-up lenses with it <<<

I have a set of these, but never use them. They don't fit the filter sizes
of my current lens stock. I had also read they add more glass to the optical
path and that's usually not the best thing. I have no experience in that
fact. I see a lot of images with a tc mentioned, and they look sharp to me.

I also have an extension barrel, a loss of light, but no more glass. I have
experimented with it, but the working distance can be extreme. I have laid
in dirt to get to a tiny flower before.

The lens I purchased gives me a 1:1 without any accessories and I am hopeful
to get better working distance and not have to add anything to my light
path.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g