Re: Greeting card distributor?

Steve,

  Lea's points are well worth considering.

  From my own experiences, the last card I licensed to a greeting card
company was to Palm Press in Berkeley California. It was published in
their "Contemporary American Photographers" series.
  I was paid 5 cents for every card printed and in addition to receiving
a specified number of cards for free I was entitled to purchase
additional cards at a reduced price for my own use.

  Although the arrangement didn't pay much in the end, they were indeed
useful. They were fun to send out to people and as they were seen around
the world, the image became widely known.

  The problem with all this notoriety is that the subsequent sales were
diminished. Where as I might have made a good deal of money leasing the
image through a stock agency, the image reached a saturation point with
the public and no one wanted to use it any more.

  But I did win a Louie.

  Your decision.