Re: Kodak Infrared in Nikon F100 - Yes? No?

The window on the back has absolutely no effect on IR.  Or any other film,
obviously.  I don't know about the situation regarding an IR sensor on the
F100 but a simple web search would turn up the information.  There are also a
couple of IR groups on Yahoo!groups that would help you out.

David Thompson wrote:

> Personally, I wouldn't.. as you said, the little window. If you have a
> camera minus the window, then yes.  Also - can't use auto-focus or exposure
> - go pure manual.
>
> If you don't mind experimenting, maybe some black elect tape over the
> window? But still, go manual.
>
> Dave
>
> At 10:27 AM 12/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Stupid question time - can one use hi speed infrared BW in F100?  I think
> >the answer is no because of the window on the back door and possibly there
> >maybe an infrared film counter - BUT does someone on the list know the
> >correct answer?
> >
> >TIA  Ernie Nitka, new list member
> >http://www.ernienitka.com
> >

> "I saw a subliminal advertising executive. But only for a second."- Steven
> Wright

   Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
  And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
  but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling