Gallery Review

Personal:  One's own; individual.
Review:  A general survey or assessment of a subject or thing.
Opinion:  Unproven belief.  What one thinks about something.

Alan P. Hayes
Convenience Store:  This is a little hard to look at (it seems to jump around while viewing).  I like it, though.  Perhaps because it is a scene I am so familiar with - a  brightly lit convenience store passing through my view during a night's drive.  When traveling, this scene gives me a feeling of comfort and safety.  No matter how late, how dark or how cold, there is someone else still up.

Jim Davis
waiting in the rain:  This photograph of the tiny birds sitting in the rain makes me smile for some reason.  That seems a good enough reason to like this photograph.

Bob Talbot
Warrior:  I like the juxtaposition of the bird and the huge ship.  Is the bird thinking, what took humans so long to learn how to float?  Lots of fine detail in the ship.

Dan Mitchell
Tram car:  The photograph was taken at a good angle.  We can see the complete side and front of the tram car.  The bright yellow poster adds to the interest of the photograph.

David Thompson
University of Texas tower:  The water looks like liquid gold and is a great contrast against the red tower.  The background is so black it looks like velvet.  I think this is a pleasing photograph.  Well composed and framed.

Hideki Tomeoka
Another moment in someone's life caught on film and another nice combination of colors - the blue and yellow.  This photograph shows a peaceful and quiet scene in beautiful surroundings.

Thank you to those who shared their work.  Thank you, Andy and staff for hanging the gallery.

Marilyn Dalrymple