Unofficial Photoforum WEB RING

when going through my Webring memberships, I noticed that the "Unofficial
Photoforum webring" was up for adoption.
This usually happens when the ring manager does not reply to messages by the
members for a while or if a ring has not been migrated properly to the new
webring system.
When a ring is "adoptable", it can be picked up by anybody with some ring
managing experience - this does not have to be  a member of this
list or even someone interested in photography .
So rather than taking any chances, I "adopted" the ring myself.

Andrew, if you want to "reclaim" this ring, please contact me! Otherwise, I
can just manage it along with the rings I have anyway.

Now, what is this all about? A webring is a clever way to navigate from one
thematically related site to the next one, using a special "navigation bar".
For a group such as this forum, it's a very good way of linking the various
member-sites.
This means more visitors to the member sites and easy navigation for anyone
interested. The only drawback is the navigation panel, which has to be added
to the respective page. However, Webring has now added several new options
to make this integrate better with the general layout of a site.
So, if you are interested, have a look at
http://w.webring.com/hub?ring=adiagring , the "homepage" of this ring.

A personal "plug": I already maintain a number of highly active art and
photo rings with many fascinating sites:
http://bobke.com/myrings.htm

best regards

Laurenz Bobke
http://www.travelphoto.net/