JPEG pixels (not weddings any more)

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> > Perhaps Bob T has experimented with cropping by 8n pixels?
> Brian
>
> Yes indeed ... I even have a demo on line somewhere.
> If I thought anyone would be remotely interested I would look out the
> link.
> It's fascinating actually ... and the facts don't fit what a lot of
> pundits *know* ;o)

Yes, I'd be interested. Remember I don't know nothing, I just wave my
arms around.

> Oh, as to 8 x 8.  Beware:  at lower quality settings it is 16x16-pixel
> not 8x8 ;o)

Really? That was not my impression from reading the specs. One of the
problems is that such a tiny percentage of users are interested in the
details, that most software just does 'something appropriate' instead of
giving you individual control. One of the drawbacks of PaintShopPro is
that it always downgrades the hue information, so when you reduce to
ridiculous levels everything is a fixed pinky-purple colour.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/