Re: Inkjet prints (basic question)

Alan Zinn <azinn@netbox.com> writes:

> Why have some of the color snaps in my old family album turned a pale
> cyan/yellow while others look fine?  Rhetorical question, don't answer :-)
>
> The reason I don't trust ANY claims for permanence is that the paper and
> inks are continuously being revised. [snip]

Yes, of course what you say is good sense. But I'm not talking about
whether the prints will last 6 months or 3 years on the wall. I'm saying
that (at least by my entirely naive experiments) they don't last **two
weeks** in daylight. The really curious thing is that it isn't simply
the ink: on plain ordinary paper, although the finish isn't brilliant,
the print will last at least 6 months on the wall, without looking
noticeably horrible.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at: