Gallery Impressions Appendix 1-A

I noticed that I missed Christy Bright's image in my gallery review which I find strange because the colors in her image really attracted me. I like the combination of the warm foreground and the very soft, cold sky. Compositionally I find it strange and I like that. I can't find a way to associate the three, vertically aligned, round lights with the randomly arranged key chains on the right but then again this is a carnival with hastily erected booths, glaring lights, deafeningly distorted amplifiers blasting the latest dance music, and all of it a mish-mash monument to tackiness, fake brass, furry toys and plastic framed, 20x24 'glamour' photos of semi-naked women straddling Harleys or pool tables. I like this image and to me it captures that moment when you see the perfect item hanging in a booth and the chaos around you as you resolve to get that key chain at any cost.

Greg Fraser