Re: shutter release

Thank you
Richard Cooper
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: shutter release

I've been using Quantum Radio Slaves as triggers for Nikon and Bronica cameras. For your request, a simple accessory shoe sensor, such as a Vivitar SL-2, attached to the transmitter via a PC cord easily triggers the transmitter. The receiver is connected to the camera via adapters found at

http://www.qtm.com/wireless/rs4i.html

In addition to the Quantum connectors, your camera body may also require an adapter, such as an MC-25 for a Nikon N90s or F100.

As to sound actuators, we used one in the Eastman House Edgerton exhibit using Polaroid film to capture young visitors breaking a balloon with a needle. It was a Radio Shack product. For others, you can try finding a manufacturer using Andy's comprehensive listing at

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/web-05.html

among them being

http://www.woodselec.com/

or build your own at