Re: Epson Printer Error

chandler@yomogi.or.jp (chandler) writes:

> "William S. Pettit" <wpettit@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> > I had the same thing happen on an old 800 several months ago--it turned
> > out that the pizeo heads were burned out because they were dry--again,
> > using cleaning fluid. I junked the printer because of age and cost to
> > repair.
>
> I don't understand this - the piezoelectric heads are in the
> *cartridges*. Every time you put new cartridges in, you are replacing
> the main printing mechanism. That's (the honest part of) why the
> cartridges are so expensive and the printers so cheap.

No, that's not true.  In all the Epson printers, the heads are *not*
in the cartridges.  In the HP printers they are; not in the Epson.
Look at how the cartridges go into the printer; they connect to tubing
that eventually reaches the heads, but no part of the cartridge itself
is in line-of-sight with the paper.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net