Re: testing delay of posting - Msg. from PF HQ

At 03:38 PM 12/6/02 -0500, you wrote:
Sorry to intrude but I also want to see how long
it takes for a message to be distributed. It appears
that due to the largest demand placed on the RIT
computing system (as I have been told) and the fact
that there is a priority distribution process in
effect, PF list mail sometimes gets put in a queue
and delivery is delayed and released in batches.
This message was composed/sent at 3:40pm on Friday.

Andrew Davidhazy for PhotoForum on the Internet
Well, since South and North Carolina have been hit by an ice storm, I am receiving your message at 8:20 on December 7. Our power was off for 3 days, so no computer or telephones (or heat or electricity.) We were really lucky since we only had a few big limbs down in the yard. Others in the neighborhood had trees through the roof. Anytime we are without power I think about the people who live without electricity all of the time. We are really spoiled! I was so glad to see those lights come back on and hear the sound of the heater kicking back in.

Hope everyone else is o.k. through this early winter storm.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: