Re: "peer review"

you know what i wanted to say but forgot...?

There is a limited use for reviews/critiques on where someone or the other would have placed/cropped the animals/hats, etc and suggestions on how to improve images that have already been taken. It's not so often that we can go back and redo the images anyway.

What I would like to see is a criticism with pictures... where we (the reviewers) post a picture in response to the picture being pilloried... uhhh i mean galleried... Perhaps we can say, yes I think I understand how the image can be improved, and here's an example of what is it I am trying to convey.

I tried to do that with the light-on-water i put up a couple of weeks ago, which (i mentioned on the posting) was in response to an image of reflections on water by Emily (I think).

The trick then is to present the idea/mood/etc as a picture, one that the reviewer took, which he/she/it feels does a similiar/better job... Perhaps at this stage, there may be some use for explanations on what the reviewer themself was trying to acheive... how these images work as a series, etc...

Am i making any sense at all?

		:D een