Re: Gallery

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 6:34 AM
Subject: RE: Gallery

I hope we get to see more of the car shots, Greg.  Cars - especially old
cars - make great subjects for photographs.  Do you have your own darkroom?
I took a shot of an old car's fender, solarized it and hand colored the
resulting photograph.  It was really fun to work with and the metal of the
car made a great subject for solarization..  I thought you might want to try
it.

Marilyn
-----------------------
> Greg Fraser
> '39 Chevy:  Nice textures - and they were a surprise.  When I think of a
car, I think of smooth, shiny, sleek.  The textures of the rusting metal was
not what I was expecting.  Well framed and composed for a nice design.

> Marilyn
>
> Hello Marilyn,
>
> Thanks for your gallery comments this week. The texture of this truck and
her younger sister beside her were fabulous. They sit behind a house where I
occasionally go to work on the owner's computer. I went there about a month
ago and the owner wasn't there so I did some snooping and found these two
nestled behind a row of sheds and I was very excited at the prospect of
shooting them. When I returned last week I brought my 35mm. I took about 10
shots with my 35mm. Out of the 10 shots I took, only 2 turned out. Turns out
the shutter decided on that day that it would finally gum up and only fire
when the mood strikes it. Oh she sounds like she fired but the shutter
doesn't open. But on the bright side I found out that if I use the self
timer, it fires consistently. But then again on the down side, I can't set
the self timer while the camera is on the tripod and I'm certain to forget
to set it before setting up a shot. Life's all about trade-offs eh?