Re:Re: Nikon Lens Question

DDB wrote --
                     [On Nikkor lens compatibility]
>Even cooler, new lenses (including AF) will work fine on your FM-2 >body, too.

   Yes, but it still pays to look at the charts before buying. For example, the new "g" series lenses have no aperture rings, so using them on an FM-2 could be a problem. Forcibly attempting to use a pre-AI "F" series lens couldl damage your FM-2. Or buying a 2nd body to use with the lenses one has, and a lot of people shoot on auto only, so the metering interface with the lenses is important to them.

>(I've got an F, two FMs, an FM-2, and an N-90 currently, and a wide >range of AI through AF lenses from Nikon and other >manufacturerers, and everything I have works with everything >else).

 I've more than twice that many Nikon bodies, an embarrassing number of lenses, and while everything will mount on everything else (past the AI series)., some combinations  are a lot more convenient than others. It is worth your time to check the chart(s).

                                   --- Luis