Re: Happy Thanksgiving

luis <chilled_delirium@mailstation.com> writes:

>  Gregg wrote ---
>
> > >  the WOMEN doing the cooking,
>
> >Hmmmm.....what do gay couples do for food at Thanksgiving? Go to >mom's? Eat out? Visit a lesbian couple? Or do they just go hungry >like that natives did when the first pilgrims scarfed all the available >food?
>
>   Yikes, Greggie...I only wrote it because it *is* the way food will get to the table in a majority of US households. In other words, the reality.
> I was only giving credit where it is due. There was no slight meant to anyone....same with the slight Bob Talbot sensed. I hope someone on the list got that I meant only to wish everyone here a happy holiday, and to urge folks to share their gift with loved ones.

Much of the turkey is at one with me, anyway!

My mother and sister cooked the turkey this year (I did the brocolli
and dried the dishes).  But for Christmas I'm doing the turkey this
year (as I do one turkey day most years -- whenever the event is held
at my wife's mother's).  So it's not always the women doing the
cooking.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net