Re: Inkjet prints

Russell Baker <rebphoto@pronetisp.net> writes:

> Hi Gang.........
>
> In regards to my wavy negs...................
>
> After spending a day or so in their sleeves
> they printed fine and every thing is rosy.
>
> I mentioned before that a good majority
> of my business was in providing
> Head Shots for performers.
>
> Has anyone here been using
> inkjet digital prints for this?
>
> I understand that I can take a digital
> file and have it printed on "real" paper,
> but I was wondering how the general
> public has been accepting Head Shots
> printed on inkjet type paper?
>
> (remember we are talking B&W)

I've been doing it mostly for book-jacket photos, and for that, mostly
I can send it electronically (sometimes after some debate).  I've sent
inkjet prints to some publishers, a few years ago, without complaint
and with good results.

It's hard to produce decent inkjet prints at the prices you can get
contact printed "quantity" prints from a lab for, if it's the sort of
head-shots that they go through in quantity.

> I'm looking into purchasing either
> an Olympus E 10 or E 20.
>
> I wonder if the slightly larger
> megapixel difference between
> the two cameras will make
> that much difference in an 8x10?

Probably not, especially with clean studio lighting.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net