gallery x review

Misterioso,
Jeff Spirer's collection of night images in Gallery X really work for me. An
advantage of low light photography is that it compresses what is recordable
to a more manageable set of formal and subject elements. That is not to say
that it makes creating a good picture easier. The problem with reductionism
is that eventually most anything can form a pleasing but empty composition.
There needs to be additional layers of interest or some tantalizing stimulus
to the imagination. I think  Jeff's pictures do that. They draw you in
suggesting that there is a whole lot going on here if you wait and watch a
while. Your imagination runs its own little speculative film noire bit
before you move on to the next image.

Word balloon,
Marilyn's series begs for witty captions - don't all animal pictures? We
witness what at first seems a bit exotic but then turns out to be simply
cats getting treats. The monk, judging by his posture and practiced,
low-affect demeanor seems to have ritualized the event and the cats respect
that. The last one is my favorite. Cats hate to be ignored if they
condescend to show interest in you first. This fellow has a remarkable
ability to sit in a dreamy reverie - just like a cat.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us