RE: scanner question

Hmm.  Is this G2 a digital camera?  Sorry I'm not a Canon person so
I'm in the dark about Canon gear.

If the G2 is digital, then I gather you want a scanner for all the
stuff you treasure that's still on film?  Have I got that right?

If that's the case, I strongly recommend that you look into a film
scanner, not a flatbed.  Scanning from anything but the original
always loses data and looks like a scan of a copy.

On the other hand, if you threw out the negs - naughty, naughty.