Re: Global Health Council's Photography Contest - ANNOUNCEMENT FYI

At 04:48 PM 11/10/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>> Seems to me that PF members might find this project worthwhile. The
>2002
>> winner was certainly not up to the quality of the better PF gallery
>> contributors.
>
>"Slides and photographs will not be returned."
>
>Read the next bit carefully --- I added the extra line breaks. ;o)
>
>" The Council reserves full rights to reprint,
>
>"reproduce
>
>"or display any submitted works in any of the Council's publications."
>

>So there's no prize and an unscrupulous Council could almost do what
>the heck they like.
>I suspect that a couple of things contribute to any perceived low
>standard
>
>1) Any serious photographer with a half decent shot would not accept
>those terms.
>2) A bias towards work from less developed countries ?
>
>The lack of a prize is less concern to me than the loss of the shot
>

>Bob

Do I detect a bit of cynicism here Bob?
Where does it say the photographer looses the rights to the picture? Why
should anyone suspect this organization is unscrupulous? I think a serious
photographer would be just as likely as an unserious one to contribute to a
worthy cause. I have to believe that the jurors would look for the best
pictures wherever they come from.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.