Re: Art or fart ?

To "AnyWho":

To someone who is a "Photographer" and even thinks of asking "Is
Photography and Art?" have never even touched a camera. I mean really. Any
scene, any still-life, any person, anything I point my camera at can be
shot a any number of ways. AND as long as you intended to get the results
you got, you did it well. Even a street scene where i have no control what
so ever, I can still control how the camera records the scene, and how it
is printed. I could even take elements of numerous images and combine them
into one. Every image I snap the shutter on is something I have at least a
little thought out.

Personally the only reason a photo major writing a paper for his English
class would choose the topic, "Is Photography and Art?" Is because they
wanted an easy topic to answer. How can anyone be a photo major even think
to ask that seriously unless they have no respect at all for their own
work. A parent who just wants a snapshot of their child playing in the yard
sprinklers, just wants to capture that moment and hold on to it forever...
But with just a few seconds of thinking anyone of us here could easily come
up with 3, 4, 8 or even more great shots of the very same moment.

Brian Blankenship
B & N Graphics
http://www.bngraphics.com

"Under God" And "In God We Trust"

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." ~ Robin
Williams

"Freedom was attacked today by a faceless coward, and freedom will be
defended." ~ George W. Bush 9-11-2001

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Not all who wander are lost..."  ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

"Simplifying a Composition - One time when Ansel was shooting in the
Sierras with some friends, he came away from his camera and walked into the
scene. He grabbed a hold of a tree limb, ripped it off the tree, and tossed
it aside. When his more environmentally concerned friends made an uproar,
he simple stated that it did not belong in the picture." ~ Ansel Adams
Autobiography