Re: PF Exhibits on 19-OCT-02

At 07:44 PM 10/19/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>D.L. Shipman - Great Egret (Camerodius albus)

>....I wonder about position in the frame:  the top 3rd is all plain
>background and seems a bit heavy ...

This is so...  but if the crop placed the bird's head higher an awkward
portion of the birds body would be visible in the lower part of the frame.

>What is behind the bird?  Water, grass?  It has a pattern but it seems
>almost out of place.

Water with a slight wave pattern was the background but after some serious
down sizing, cropping, and sharpening actions of one sort or another that
background has developed a gritty looking life of it's own.

>As to the detail of the bird ...

Indeed.

Dave
East Englewood
You will cut down the tallest tree in the forest... with a herring.