Re: Just how do filters work?

At 10:12 AM 10/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Alan,
>
>I never thought of that and it sounds like a creative manipulation of film.
Film would actually block the image like shooting through a microscopic
screen wouldn't it? Is that the way filters work? I know they prevent the
passage of light but just exactly how do they do it? Is it a wavelength
interference voodoo or is it just tiny bits of opaque material in the glass?

>Greg

oh gee......  that's way out of my depth.  I think there are little tiny
guys dressed in the prinary colors that group together as needed to block
wave lengths or wave at lengths of light - at least that is what I tell
students.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.