P F Rewiews of Gallery 10/12/02

ANDY.

Thanks for encouraging so many People -to express their different views-
about the various Photos You have invited onto the PhotoForum Member's
Exhibit Space.

I Learn Something  'New'  -Every Week!

* * *

jIMMY Harris - More Fish Stories
Nature photography needs action to work these days. The technical quality of
this is again not great. Without the title is it just a picture of birds?
wildimages@lineone.net  Bob Talbot  (Q)

jIMMY Harris>where is the color gone>the bird has her back to the camera
Mpemba@collectmail.zzn.com, Mpemba Snow

jIMMY Harris
More Fish Stories:  I enjoy the humorous story (the pelican bragging about
the one that got away).  The pelicans have arranged themselves in a
semi-circle as if they are sitting around talking about the ones that got
away.  marilyn@rglobal.net  Marilyn Dalrymple

jIMMY Harris (More Fish Stories) - Now this shot is really playing with me.
Perhaps its the variation of the repeated bird shape with the one dissenter
that is interesting. I believe that bird to be a female with an attitude and
none of the other birds know what the hell she's talking about. Greg Edwin
Fraser  Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca

Jimmy's picture demonstrates the "series effect":  this picture does not
stand alone but is influenced by the impression created by the previous
week's entry. "The whole  is greater than the sum of the parts"  A third
image along similare lines (monochrome, grainy, group of birds) would make a
coherent panel.
 BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk

> jIMMY Harris (More Fish Stories) -
If I project anthropomorphic qualities onto the birds I come up with lots of
funny stories. None of which are probably true. It is a somewhat interesting
composition but there is no feeling to the lighting and no reference to
place. robert@earnestphoto.com

* * *

I have very little to say in defense.
   I am Listening  -though- and would like to say   'Thank You'.
      jIMMY