Re: color printing

>I'm just starting with color printing.  I have a couple of questions.  I
>have a processing drum but don't know how to use it correctly.  I'm using
>processing trays for my prints.  They keep on turning out all magenta or
>cyan.  Does anybody have an online reference that I can look at to determine
>what my filters should be set at?

>Technical Info:
>*Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper
>*Enlarger: Durst M601
>*Chemicals for print processing: Beseler RA-4AT color developer and bleach,
>B&W stop bath, then wash with water
>

>**the paper box said to start with filters: 0C, 60M, and 45Y
>
>***prints first turned out blue, then we made adjustments as directed, and
>then they turned out green, then we made more adjustments and they turned
>out red or magenta!

Color printing is something that it's really best to have someone who knows
what they are doing walk you through with it the first few time. If there
is a school nearby where you can take a class I would recomend that. Baring
that, you should get a copy of "Color Photography" by Henry Horenstein,
which gives a pretty complete overview of the process.

The next piece of advice i would give you is to complely ignore the
recomended filter pack printed on the paper box. It is based on a standand
color tempature for the enlarger lamp and standard filter densities that
may or may not match the enlarger you are using, but probably don't.

If you are useing you chemicals one-shot, which you should be if you are
using drums, you can use plain water as a stop bath.

James

James Patrick Griffin

mailto:james@james-griffin-photography.com

http://james-griffin-photography.com