URGENT - Help with 300TL flash and Elan IIE

  Hi folks,
  I have to take some shots for an electronics company in some hours and my
550EX flash isnīt working at all (no battery problem, Iīve checked yet) and
I have with me just my Canon Elan IIE and a Canon 300TL flash (I use too of
then with my T90 and put this one in this back by mistake ... lucky
mistake). Well, Iīll have to shot some peoples assembling some electronic
devices and other from robots assembling computer boards ... If I use the
300TL with the Elan IIE (I donīt have another equip with me right now and
donīt have time to find replacements) Iīll have a TTL flash, am I right???
If so I just have to compose and shot using aperture priority (to control
DOF) and let the speed decision for the camera, am I right again???

  Thanks

  Charles

  "Itīs no better to be safe than sorry"
      In "Take on Me" song by A-Ha