Re: PF exhibits on 14-SEP-02 (thumbnail review)

> In my view- a 'good photo' will stand out no
> matter the size.

Err ... really?

Admitedly "Good" has many meanings.

Technically good?
An image with a good design plan might fall apart completely once
enlarged to screen size because of unintended camera shake/focus.
>From this week's gallery the "moment" shot went down in my opinion on
opening it:  focus on the background was OK but the boy was soft.

Viewing distance?
Well, many of us know about that buf for me when viewing images on the
PC viewing distance is constant.  An image which is about wilderness
and space can't have the same impact as a thumb as full screnn as in a
large print.  That isolated lonely animal, dwarfed by the mountains,
loses impact for  me when reduced to a single pixel ;o)
For panoramas in general - the good ones never seem to work fully over
the web - the screen's aspect ratio is wrong.