Re: PF exhibits on 14-SEP-02 (thumbnail review)

At 8:24 PM -0400 9/27/02, Photogonow@aol.com wrote:
>Below- is my own 'Top Ten List'  -using my right eye (left brain)
>and viewing the thumbnail photos only.
>
>I do not wish to offend anyone - as this is just my opinion only.
>(but - yeah!  anyOne after # 5 is going to Hate me)  All I can say
>Hey- 'this is ShowBiz'  - & any Review is better than -NO Review!!
>
>jIMMY
>
>>The PhotoForum member's gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP-21-02. Authors
>>with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:
>>
>>               # 3 Bruce Harrison -
>>               # 1 Emily L. Ferguson - Reciprocity Failure
>>               # 6 Rob Miracle - Umph
>>               # 7 jIMMY Harris - Brown-eyed Susan
>>               #12 Dan Reeves -
>>               #10 Bob Talbot - Largs
>>               # 8 Alan P. Hayes - Blue Car Bronx Morning Heading West
>>               # 2 dragon d'Phreque - daydream believer
>>               # 5 Doug Seibert - The Eagle has landed
>>               # 4 D.L. Shipman -
>>               # 9 Dan Mitchell - Seaside Cottage
>>               #11 Richard Cooper - A Moment
>>

>P. S.  Do You agree?   nOT?

Well, now.  I've shot sports for the paper and I think rob's
collision is pretty fine.  Boy, you gotta have a lot of skill to get
that, even with 8 frames per second.  You gotta know the game, be
able to see and follow the ball, know who the players are and what
positions they play and what those positions do, and then you gotta
be lucky too!

So I'd put Rob higher up on the list.

Now Dragon's image is pretty neat, too.  I liked it a lot even in the
big version, but I can't tell you why.  Just that I liked it.

And I love those geometrics, so I'm kinda biased towards Bruce's neat
gears.  Gears and gears and the concept is pretty well worn, but he
got nice sharp gears and a sense of composing with them, not shadow
and light, like lots of the 30s and 40s stuff emphasised, but using
color and line to get at that massive-ness sense.

So those are some of my thoughts.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
elf@cape.com  508-563-6822