Re: slide film rec.?

Joseph,

For many years I used Kodak's EPY 64 in 3200° K tungsten light, in the lab,
to record biological subjects. Most, but not all of the time the light
source was polarised and a polarising filter on the camera lens. My clients
were in need of recording some the subtle colour variations in plant
materials as a disease progressed, in the shape, texture, colour and
"form" of fungal an bacterial cultures on a variety of growth media etc.

Other films were tried at various times, but none (IMHO) that I could
surpass the results that EPY could produce. That being said, it is worthy
to note all our film was processed "in-house" with fresh chemicals. There
were times in the "early days" when various rolls of Ektachrome,(from the
same emulsion batch)  exposed on the same subject, on the same day, and
sent out for processing to a commercial lab were returned with obvious
colour mis-matches. This can be the result of improper replenishment.

If the subtle colour variations are important to you it might be reasonable
to ask if the processor's chemistry is "in control".

>Hello!  Can someone recommend a color slide film that's most sensitive to
>subtle color variations in the darks region--ie., somber, grayed colors?

>-Joseph

Ken

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/||        Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [||                            ||-|    Applied Photographic Services
 [||                            ||   |  Lethbridge,
 [||                            ||   |  Alberta, Canada,
 [||                            ||-|   (403) 381-1654.
 [||\/\/\/\//\/\||       photo1@telusplanet.net