Re: Infinity sign on lenses

Indeed he did, although I'm sure he didn't get it completely out of
thin air. I was reading about Wallis' feud with Hobbes (over
'squaring the circle') when I found this snippet. Spent all those
years looking at it and never even considered where it came from -
how often do we do that?
Not too sure about Steve's comment about linked circles though. And
can any object be said to be 'at infinity'?
AndrewF