Re: Two basic and dumb questions about lenses

Bob,

I would be more tempted to use the phrase "apparent depth of field", since
any two (or more lenses) set on the same camera, sitting on a stationary
object (such as a tripod) and set at the same f-stop, focussed at the same
distance, will have the same depth of field.

It is just the apparent DOF will be greater as the focal length decreases

Ken,

>Another reason for changing focal length is to control depth of field (DOF).
>
>From: "Izzet" <izzet@vizo.com>
>

>> Karl,
>>
>> Then does it follow from here that
>> 1-The ONLY reason we loose resolution when we blow up an image on the
>> film is because of the grain and other impurities of the film itself,
>> and
>> 2-The resolution power of the optical system (lens) is infinite.

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/||        Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [||                            ||-|    Applied Photographic Services
 [||                            ||   |  Lethbridge,
 [||                            ||   |  Alberta, Canada,
 [||                            ||-|   (403) 381-1654.
 [||\/\/\/\//\/\||       photo1@telusplanet.net