Two basic and dumb questions about lenses

Hi all,

Assume I have a 35 mm. SLR with a 28 mm. lens on it. I am looking though
the viewfinder to the subject. Then I change the lens to a 300 mm, and
look at the same subject from the same distance. Now the subject is
filling more of my view and also seems magnified.

1- Is the reason for that magnification ONLY the decreased
field-of-view?
2- If this is so, do I get the same image if I use a
a)300 mm. tele and print full-frame to an 8*10 card,
b)100 mm. tele and print full-frame to a 24*30 (if it exists) and then
crop to an 8*10?

Regards,

izzet