Re: Digital Cameras-Equiv. focal length revisited

On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:41:09 +0900
 chandler@yomogi.or.jp (chandler) wrote:
> [?]zzet <izzet@vizo.com> writes:

(The first character is only an "i". However in Turkish
alphabet we have two i's. One WITH the dot on BOTH the
uppercase and the lowercase, one WITHOUT the dot on BOTH
the uppercase and the lowercase. They are pronounced
differently, of course).

Now about the focal length:

The point is the "original writer" should know what he is
talking about. He is the guy who reviews (and most probably
owns the website) digital cameras in dpreview.com. What's
more, he used to use "equivalent focal length" now he is
quoting "focal length", and giving the same numbers. And
this behaviour is not peculiar to him.

I can understand layman mixing apples and pears, but when
serious people adopt to this behaviour..???