Re: off topic without permission...

Chrstiane writes:

> I've never sold anything on Ebay, but I've already bought a little thing
> from it and followed auctions concerning view cameras there for a long time.
> So I'd add that you can add a "reserve" on your item, if that help you free
> your mind and put a lower bid entry : a reserve means that unless the biding
> get to that price, you won't sell it. I think (but I'm not sure) that you
> can decide to lower the reserve before the end of the auction (but I'm not
> sure of that).. Anyway, if you don't want to sell cheap, it's a good option.

good points Chritiane

have a look at one of my auctions as an example of how I describe an item and the extent
I'll go to be as explicit as possible about what I'm selling and how I am prepared to
trade:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1376040781&rd=1

I've been ripped off twice as a buyer and three times as a trusting seller (please, no one
get any ideas!) but I do my best to be fair and understanding - one person who annoyed the
heck out of me with delay tactics as to why he couldn't send the item I paid for
eventually sent me TWO of the items by way of apology, another guy who took months to
respond (literally) had been in a car accident and was laid up in hospital at the time..
language barriers can confuse transactions as well, but when I get payment in Australian
dollars through a Mersyside bank account in the UK from someone in Japan I have to smile
:-)

Check the USPS site for countries that can cash US International money orders, they are a
cheap and convenient way to make international transactions.  Weird thing is that even
though I can buy them here to send to sellers, they're not cashable in Oz..

karl