Re: Copyright question

At 07:18 PM 8/27/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>  Hi folks,
>
>  I have a doubt about international regulation about photo copyright.
>  If I go abroad and take some street portraits can I publish or sell this
>photos without a single permition of each people???
>  Iīm asking this because some friends of mine argumented that I must have
>the main person in the photo authorization ... but itīs almost impossible in
>some cases.
>

>  Thanks,
>
>  Charles
>
>  "Itīs no better to be safe than sorry"
>      In "Take on Me" song by A-Ha

Charles,

You don't need any permission to use shots of people in public places for
non-commercial use. If you use the picture in an advertisement the people
buying it would insist on a photo release from all identifiable people.

AZ
Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.
http://www.panoramacamera.us
         or