Re: using larger size filters

"Elson T. Elizaga" wrote:

> I have a question perhaps related to Kostas's question: Is there a size
> limit for a polarizer filter?

Yes, your available cash.  But, no.  You can buy polarizing material in
sheets at any good theatrical equipment store that sells lighting gels.
They're about 2x3 feet and most are in the $5 US range, at least in Omaha,
NE where I last bought a few.  Glass filters are another matter and very
pricey.

B&H lists a Linhof 105mm Top (Linear) Polarizer Glass Filter $603.95 and a
B+W 122mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Glass Filter for $574.95.  They
also list a B+W 4x5.65" Circular Polarizer Glass Filter for $488.95.

Go to
http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=CatalogActivator__Acatalog_html___CatID=4038___SID=F0137F72400

(make sure you copy the entire address), type "polarizer" in the search
window and you'll get over ten pages listing 250 different polarizing
filter choices from most expensive to cheapest.

Peace!
Sidney
--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack